Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

PEPPER STEPPED UP THE GAME

One thing about Maine Coons, there's never a dull moment in the house. They are constantly coming up with something new to amuse themselves.

I've had a problem with Pepper waking me up in the morning, always about an hour before I want to get up. His pattern has been to "trill" at me a couple of times. If that doesn't work, he attacks my hands.

I started covering my hands up with the covers so he couldn't shred them and go away.

Not to be outdone, he started getting on the side table and flying through the air, landing on the other side of my head, causing the bed to shake. I finally decided to ignore that, and would just lay there with my eyes closed as his tummy hair dragged across my face.

Another thing about Maine Coons, if you step up the game, they're delighted. They're experts at thinking of new things to do to you.

I felt him get on the side table, so, eyes closed, I braced myself for the tummy hair. I was NOT braced for his whole heavy tummy to land square across my face and just lay there.  Since I didn't react I felt him climb on the table again. This time he jumped higher and landed heavier, square on straddling my head and face.

Needless to say I finally gave up because it's hard to pretend to still be asleep when you're laying there with a heavy cat across your face and you can't breath because you're laughing.

Score: Cat 1   Mom zip

No comments: